Suggestions for those who lead music in the church:
- Love your people, not your songs.
- Without love, songs are just noise—“a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal” (1 Corinthians 13:1, NIV).
- Love your people, not their money.
- Shepherds feed the flock. Wolves feed on the flock. Always be a shepherd.
- Love is not self-seeking. (1 Corinthians 13:5)
- Love is the greatest force for innovation, not ambition.
- When faced with a difficult situation or a need, in love create something new (paraphrased from Dorothy Sayers, The Mind of the Maker).